Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Review: Frankenstein: Or The Modern Prometheus

Frankenstein: Or The Modern Prometheus Frankenstein: Or The Modern Prometheus by Mary Shelley
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I wanted to love it, but I just liked it. Maybe it was the audio, but I think it would be three stars either way.

I'm sure you know the basic story, because duh, it's a classic. Victor Frankenstein cobbles together a creature from body parts, and brings it to life with what I assume was electricity (the book was a bit vague here, so use your imagination). The monster just wants to be loved and accepted, like everyone. But he isn't, and he is fueled by anger and seeks revenge on Victor. The story winds from Geneva to the Arctic Circle, and runs the gamut of emotions. I personally think Victor brought all of this on himself, and made so many ridiculous missteps that he reaped what he sowed.

A classic everyone should read at some point. Three stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment