Monday, October 28, 2013

Twilight (Twilight #1)

Twilight (Twilight, #1)Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Oh, this book is silly, but overall I don't hate it. Bella is a complete Mary Sue and I wanted to punch her most of the time, and Edward with his brooding mixed signals made me roll my eyes so hard I nearly broke something. But then I reminded myself that it is written for a 14-year-old, not a grown woman in her forties, and I was ok with it. This book has sparked scores of future lovers of the paranormal, romance or not, and I hope all of them graduate to loving Harry Dresden as much as I do. The romance is clean, fulfills a lot of young girls' budding fantasies, and gets them reading. A win all-around.

P.S. Everyone who reads this should read The Dresden Files series. Seriously. Harry is a million times better than Edward. Or Jacob. Or pretty much anyone.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment