Monday, March 17, 2014

Mariana

MarianaMariana by Susanna Kearsley
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I enjoy Susanna Kearsley's books, and this one was no exception. This is one of her earlier novels, and you can definitely see how Kearsley's writing has matured over the years in comparison to her later books The Rose Garden and The Winter Sea. Mariana is an interesting take on reincarnation and memory. However, a few things kept it from falling into my 4 star category. More character development was needed, both in the past and present. The ending felt rushed after so much build up--an epilogue or additional chapter might have tied up loose ends. I suspected the twist, but really wish more time had been spent fleshing out how the threads tied together. Overall enjoyable--a solid 3 stars.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment