Wednesday, May 28, 2014

A Year by the Sea

A Year by the SeaA Year by the Sea by Joan Anderson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

A Year by the Sea chronicles Joan Anderson's life after she chooses to take a break from her marriage. Her children grown and on their own, her husband was offered a job in a new location. She chooses to move to their beach house instead of following him, reflecting on her feelings of repression and lack of appreciation on the years of marriage and motherhood. She takes time to find herself, her inner courage, and comes out the other side more confident and content.

Anyone who has been in a long-term marriage will be able to appreciate this book. Although her journey is different from mine (a beach house, really, Joan?), I could relate to her feelings and the experiences she gave herself during this year alone. It made me celebrate my relationship with my husband a little more and reminded me that regardless of our strong partnership, that I should always take time for myself.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment