Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Review: Adrift: Seventy-Six Days Lost at Sea

Adrift: Seventy-Six Days Lost at Sea Adrift: Seventy-Six Days Lost at Sea by Steven Callahan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

First of all, let me be clear. I would NEVER have survived 76 days at sea. I wouldn't have survived 76 hours. Possibly 76 minutes. Steven Callahan is super human, or blessed, or both. You know the saying, "God takes care of children and fools"? I believe this holds true here.

He sets sail alone. His boat capsizes and he somehow gets a lot of his emergency supplies (lucky!) and gets into his raft in one piece. And he survives by catching and eating fish, including the eyes. Blech. I would so not have lived. Pass. Steven, you are a strong, strong dude with an especially strong stomach.

Much like his journey, it gets a bit repetitive, and he gets rather maudlin about the fish by the end, but overall a good true survival story, which is my jam. Steven, glad you made it home. What a crazy story you have to tell! 3.5 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment