Friday, April 28, 2017

Review: Romancing Mister Bridgerton

Romancing Mister Bridgerton Romancing Mister Bridgerton by Julia Quinn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Colin and Penelope, sitting in a tree, K-I-S...well, you get the idea.

If you are ridiculously obtuse, you might have missed the forshadowing in An Offer From a Gentleman where Colin, quite loudly, exclaims that he will NEVER marry poor, plain Penelope Featherington, breaking her heart in the process. Years pass, and Colin lives to eat his words. And everything else in sight. I've never seen a character eat as much as him. Almost every scene had him waiting for sandwiches.

Food scenes aside, I enjoyed Penelope's progression from side character to star of the show. She's smart and has more of a spine than she seemed to in the other books. And while I didn't guess the secret, looking back I guess I should have. The clues were all there.

Overall, 4 stars. Love this series so much.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment