Sunday, December 24, 2017

Review: Leaving Time

Leaving Time Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Wow. Why did I think this was a time travel book? So not what I was expecting, but I was enthralled from start to finish.

First of all, I love elephants. I love them. So hearing more about them was interesting. Second, I love a good family drama / mystery. Jenna, searching for her mom. Serenity, trying to find her groove again. Virgil, trying to right an old wrong. So many threads, so much to absorb. Picoult does her classic "story from multiple perspectives" method, as you would expect, giving you small pieces until it all falls together.

I have to admit I suspected the twist about 3/4 of the way through. Not a bad thing, just something said that dropped it all into place for me. Still interesting, and since I listened to the audio the narrators didn't drive me nuts. 4 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment