Sunday, February 18, 2024

Review: The Lord of Lost Causes

The Lord of Lost Causes The Lord of Lost Causes by Kate Pearce
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Picked this up as a freebie on Kobo and started it because I had terrible insomnia last night. I was pleasantly surprised. Here we have a little "enemies to lovers" dynamic. I do love antagonistic characters who fight and fall in love, which is strange because I hate fighting in real life.

Francis is an ass at the beginning. Caroline is a practical widow with few options. Honestly, the real villain to me is her mom. Seriously, she's terrible and selfish. Weird that she seemed to have a gambling problem and then that whole thing is dropped. Just a plot device to enter the hero into her world. I 100% will read the next one in the series, so recommending at a solid 3 stars.

TW: it's not non-consensual, but it's coerced. She agrees, and initiates it, but still...stay away if that isn't your thing.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment