Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Insurgent (Divergent #2)

Insurgent (Divergent, #2)Insurgent by Veronica Roth
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Our book club selection for February. We pick up exactly where Divergent left off, with Tris, Four, and crew escaping after the simulation attack. I didn't enjoy this one as much as Divergent, but I am curious to see how this saga will end. I would say on a scale of 1 to 10, Tris was an 8 on the annoying / bad decision scale for the majority of the book. The overarching theme of this book seems to be trust--who do you trust, and why? How does this shape your decisions and who you become? How does Tris's inability to trust impact her decisions? How does Four's decision to trust Evelyn over Marcus impact his decisions? And what will the fallout be from the revelations at the end? Looking forward to Divergent #3 this winter.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment