Monday, December 8, 2014

The Winter People

The Winter PeopleThe Winter People by Jennifer McMahon

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


An interesting book, and not anything I would typically read.

A story with two intertwining timelines, we journey in the past with Sara Harrison Shea, who was found dead after the death of her five-year-old daughter, Gertie. In the present day, we journey with Ruthie, who now lives with her family in Sara Harrison Shea's farmhouse in Vermont. After her mother disappears, Ruthie and her little sister Fawn find a copy of Sara's diary hidden in the floorboards of her mother's bedroom. As Ruthie searches for her mother, the past and the present collide and the truth comes out.


Suspenseful and a little scary, the story left me guessing at every turn. I don't usually read the horror genre, but enjoyed this one.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment