Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Review: The Dancing Master

The Dancing Master The Dancing Master by Julie Klassen
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

It all started with a romance reading challenge. I doubt I ever would have checked this book out of the library otherwise. And I liked it, because I am a sucker for a HEA.

Alec is a dancing and fencing master. I guess those go together because they both take grace and rhythm. He moves with his family to the Regency England version of the town from Footloose. Not kidding. Dancing is not allowed, and Alec is blackballed, beaten, and harassed at every turn. Julia, the rebellious, beautiful Julia, is the Ariel in this story. It's about the small-mindedness of small towns, and God, and change. And everybody cuts Footloose at the end, so it made me happy. 3 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment