Friday, January 6, 2017

Review: The Restorer

The Restorer The Restorer by Amanda Stevens
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

A new series. Definitely good enough to continue, although I may not go the audio route next time. The narrator kind of drove me nuts--I felt like the accent was forced.

A lot of the book spent time establishing the characters and their backstory, as you would expect. There is foundation built, but questions still remain for future books. We get to understand Amelia. A bit less about Devlin, but since it isn't from his point of view you would expect that. We were left hanging about the two of them, just a taste to get you to pick up the next book in series. I'm ok with that.

I have to admit a couple of the plot twists took me by surprise, but I was listening to the audio so sometimes I miss details in that format. A good dose of paranormal, and a moderate amount of romance. 3 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment