Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Review: The Secret of the Mansion

The Secret of the Mansion The Secret of the Mansion by Julie Campbell
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Golly, but I loved these books growing up. I wanted to be Trixie. I mean, what's not to love? She has a great family, a great farm, and a great best friend with HORSES. What else could you want out of life?

In the first book, we are introduced to spunky Trixie Belden. She meets her new neighbor, Honey, and they are quickly thick as thieves. Honey is a poor little rich girl who just wants a normal life. Trixie basically wants friends and horses, like most 13 year old girls. Sleepovers and horseback rides abound, and then they stumble onto a mystery (gasp!) with a lonely orphaned boy (double gasp!) and a hidden inheritance (triple gasp!). The book is dated, but I just love these books so I am overlooking all of the flaws I find and reverting to my 10 year old self. This one ends on a bit of a cliff hanger, so be prepared to immediately start book #2. You sucked me in again, Julie Campbell, you crafty minx.

Fun start to the series, and 3 solid stars for the nostalgia.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment