Friday, May 17, 2019

Review: Mindset: Changing The Way You think To Fulfil Your Potential

Mindset: Changing The Way You think To Fulfil Your Potential Mindset: Changing The Way You think To Fulfil Your Potential by Carol S. Dweck
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

A bit repetitive, but it does make you stop and examine if your mindset could be holding you back. This feels a like a research paper that was optioned as a book, and she padded it out.

However, if you have a fixed mindset, you will allow your internal limiting beliefs to hold you back or derail you. If you have a growth mindset, you don't allow failure to stop you from achieving your goals. Do I believe people can do anything they set their minds to? No, and maybe that shows I have a fixed mindset, but it's true. I will never run a 5 minute mile, no matter how hard I train. Absolutely never. I will never bench press 400 pounds. I will never be an astronaut. I'm realistic in the limitations of life, and if Carol Dweck really believes she could do anything, she either has very low goals or is living a life full of disappointment.

I believe her overall message is to not let your attitude get in your way, work hard, and do better. Now you don't have to spend the money for this book. You're welcome. Thank you for attending my TED Talk. 2.5 stars, but rounding up because there are some people who REALLY need to read this book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment