Friday, May 17, 2019

Review: The Black Echo

The Black Echo The Black Echo by Michael Connelly
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The book that started it all. Harry Bosch, one of LAPD's finest. A bit outside the box, runs his mouth a little too much, but almost always gets his man.

I like this grizzled Vietnam vet. I haven't let myself watch the tv series because I know they had to change too much to keep it up to date. Maybe someday.

In this one, Harry is juggling a lot. A dead body in a stormpipe that has ties to his past. A mysterious bank robbery that went unsolved. Internal Affairs meddling in his life. The FBI swooping in and messing with his case. And a huge slice of betrayal pie. Poor Harry. He's just not appreciated by his bosses. I feel you, Harry, I feel you.

3 enjoyable stars. Just read the series. It gets better with every book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment