Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Review: The Charm School

The Charm School The Charm School by Nelson DeMille
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

One of my favorite Nelson DeMille books. It's dated, for sure, but a nice romp through cold war espionage Russia. We, of course, are on the good guys side as Americans. Prepare to wrap yourself in the red, white, and blue and give a big kiss to the Statue of Liberty.

Spoiled rich kid Gregory Fisher is traveling around the USSR in his Pontiac Trans Am he had sent over from Connecticut. Let's just rub your American salute to materialism in all of the Russian faces, Greg. Anyway, he breaks the rules, gets lost, and stumbles across a downed American flyer who has been held captive in the Charm School for 30 years. Insane, right? It's a top secret installation and Fisher is about to blow the lid right off. Or will he? Time to read the Charm School and see what happens next.

Or just watch The Americans. That might be more satisfying. Up to you. It's cheesy and ridiculous, but I love it. 4 stars even though the dialogue made my eyes rolls so hard that I might have broken something.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment