Friday, April 12, 2019

Review: The Mystery of the Stuttering Parrot

The Mystery of the Stuttering Parrot The Mystery of the Stuttering Parrot by Robert Arthur
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

A case involving talking parrots? Of course. Why not. These parrots sound amazing.

Jupiter, Pete, and Bob all get involved with this one, with their nemesis Skinny Norris. I was hoping Skinny would get his comeuppance but alas, he did not. Skinny reminds me of Bugs Meaney from Encyclopedia Brown. I loved those books! Anyway, back to the mystery. We have parrots who hold the secret to a missing treasure, and the boys are hot on the case.

We have a mildly scary scene in a cemetery with a lot of fog, and Hans and/or Konrad (always getting those two confused) are right there to play getaway driver, as usual.

Satisfying if you ignore a few plot holes, and I will. 3 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment