Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Review: The Bargain Bride

The Bargain Bride The Bargain Bride by Barbara Metzger
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Well, I didn't hate this as much as other people who have reviewed it, that's for sure. Maybe because the other Barbara Metzger books I have read were worse. And hey, I needed a book with a character named Penny, so here we are.

Penny has been engaged for 13 long years without any contact with her future husband. You see, that's what happened back then with arranged marriages. It's dumb, but there you have it. For some reason they both feel like they are stuck in this arrangement because of a dowry, but the viscount saves and saves to pay it back and be released from his father's promise. His offer is denied, they are forced into a quick marriage, and there are lots of misunderstanding and arguments and insta-love. This book is silly but she's definitely written worse. I also didn't want to punch anything while reading it.

If you want to really be annoyed by Barbara Metzger, read her House of Cards trilogy instead. 3 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment