Thursday, March 21, 2013

Beyond Belief: My Secret Life Inside Scientology and My Harrowing Escape

Beyond Belief: My Secret Life Inside Scientology and My Harrowing EscapeBeyond Belief: My Secret Life Inside Scientology and My Harrowing Escape by Jenna Miscavige Hill
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

An interesting look into one girl's life growing up in the cult of Scientology. 95% of the book was a recounting of the events in her life growing up in Sea Org, separated from her parents, and how she was indoctrinated into the world of Scientology. The final 5% is about her "escape", which wasn't so much harrowing as it was anticlimactic. Her experiences, while horrible and I wouldn't wish them on any child, were clearly not as bad as some of the others growing up around her, and I would love to read another insider perspective as well.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment