Thursday, March 14, 2013

The End of Your Life Book Club

The End of Your Life Book ClubThe End of Your Life Book Club by Will Schwalbe
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What a beautiful tribute to a life well-lived. Will Schwalbe shares his mother's fight with pancreatic cancer, the books they read together throughout her treatments, and a glimpse into the life of an extraordinary woman whose impact on lives was spread across the globe. While the discussions and insights into the books they read were wonderful and added more books to my "to read" shelf, his book has more importantly inspired me to live more fully and be grateful for my amazingly blessed life. As an unrepentant "read the last chapter first" person, I forced myself to read this through in order since I could guess the ultimate outcome by the title. I was left sobbing on the couch for my efforts, truly moved by his final chapters. This book is a treat.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment