Friday, March 1, 2013

Know What You Don't Know: How Great Leaders Prevent Problems Before They Happen

Know What You Don't Know: How Great Leaders Prevent Problems Before They HappenKnow What You Don't Know: How Great Leaders Prevent Problems Before They Happen by Michael A. Roberto
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I expected more from this book. Essentially you must ask questions, share information, encourage your team to take smart risks, and incorporate after-action reviews into your routines. I did enjoy the section on "Listening". Winston Churchill once said, "Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."
Overall this book doesn't uncover any groundbreaking information on problem solving, and I found the extensive citations at the end of each chapter annoying. They would have been fine at the end of the book, where I could easily skip them. It caused the book to feel more like a college textbook instead of a motivating business book I could recommend to others.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment