Tuesday, June 3, 2014

First Lord's Fury

First Lord's Fury (The Codex Alera, #6)First Lord's Fury by Jim Butcher
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Epic conclusion to Tavi's journey from boy to man, politics and intrigue, and Alera's quest for victory in the face of the enemy.

I felt this book was the weakest in the series, although I still very much enjoyed it. I was so invested in these characters over the course of the previous 5 books, and there was so much focus on the Vord that we did not get much time with the characters who had made this such a remarkable series. Still definitely worth the read, but the narrative would have been better served if Butcher had split this 550 page novel into a seventh book, allowing more time to understand each character's perspective to the world of Alera at war with this new enemy. I did appreciate the epilogue, and am very glad he left them in a good place, with resolution and hope for the future.

Just read it and immerse yourself into the world of Alera. 3 1/2 stars.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment