Saturday, June 28, 2014

Night

Night (The Night Trilogy, #1)Night by Elie Wiesel
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wow. This book absolutely wrecked me. I made the mistake of reading a little of it before I left for work, and had to put it down for a day to let my soul heal. Elie Wiesel shares his story of spending time in the World War II concentration camps of Auschwitz, Buna, and Buchenwald. Separated from his mother and three sisters, his father and he work in the camps, struggling through the cold, starvation, and cruelty to survive the war. He tells his story in such a way that you can picture the scenes. He pulls you in, stomps on your heart, and leaves an imprint on your soul. Don't be fooled by the short length, as his words are so powerful, so compelling, that you will find enough in these pages to last a lifetime. This book is a must-read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment