Monday, June 23, 2014

The Maze Runner

The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1)The Maze Runner by James Dashner
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book took me some time to get into. I think it was a combination of stupid vernacular and lack of character development. You want explanations? You won't get them here. The author tries overly hard to keep you as in the dark about what is happening in the Glade as Thomas. Drop me in a place where I have no clue who I am, where I am, or why I am there, and you had better believe I would be demanding answers. Not so with Thomas. He just blindly accepts his fate for the most part, and doesn't push when no one seems to tell him what is going on.

That aside, I like the concept of the Maze Runner, and I am interested enough to read the next book in the series when I can find it for cheap, and will most likely take the kids to see the movie, so I'm giving it 3 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment