Thursday, March 5, 2015

Harvesting the Heart

Harvesting the HeartHarvesting the Heart by Jodi Picoult

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


It's amazing how your opinions change over time. I have read this book three times. Once before I had kids, once when my kids were young, and now when they are nearly grown. I have viewed it differently and taken something different from it each time.

I have more mercy for Paige and Nicholas this time around, but the real standout for me was Astrid. The first time, I felt I understood May. The second time, I felt I understood Paige. And this time, I relate most to Astrid. It's like I was a different person each time I read it, and I suppose I was.

Marriage is hard. Motherhood is hard. Growing up is hard. Anyone who tells you differently is a liar.

Anyway, Jodi Picoult, I still love your books, no matter what version of myself is reading them.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment