Tuesday, March 31, 2015

The Bean Trees

The Bean TreesThe Bean Trees by Barbara Kingsolver

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Have you ever wanted to reinvent yourself? To escape your old life and start over where no one knows you? I know I have. So begins our journey into the desert of Tucson.

Overall, I really enjoyed it. The settings really come to life. The characters were each unique although I wanted more development, especially with Taylor and Lou Ann. She could have gone deeper into each of their stories and extended the book 100 pages without making it drag. I enjoyed reading about Taylor and Turtle's journey together and how they both changed in their new lives. I especially enjoyed the side plot about Esteven and Esperanza and how it all came together at the end.

I enjoy Barbara Kingsolver so I can't imagine why I waited to read this book. This one was her first novel, and it was good. Glad I finally got to it.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment