Saturday, June 27, 2015

Eyes on You

Eyes on YouEyes on You by Kate White

My rating: 1 of 5 stars


I read this as part of the "Big Library Read". I wanted to like this book--I typically enjoy psychological thrillers and thought this would be a good one. I was left underwhelmed, to say the least.

I split my reading between the eBook and the audio. I do NOT recommend the audio. The narrator was the worst. Over-pronounciations, emphasis on strange words. The voices she attempted to do--I'm still laughing about her interpretation of Potts. But beyond the narration, the book just wasn't good. Endless descriptions of what people are wearing--like anyone cares or it adds anything to the plot. We get it, you like expensive things. The main character wasn't likable. Actually, now that I think about it, none of the characters were likable, or particularly smart. And the author made every. single. person seem like the prime suspect, and not in a clever way, yet I knew who it was very early on. Agatha Christie, she's not. Then we get to the end, and we have the briefest of climaxes, and it ends. Abruptly. Like this review.

TLDR: This book is dumb. Don't waste your time.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment