Sunday, June 14, 2015

The Likeness (Dublin Murder Squad #2)

The Likeness (Dublin Murder Squad, #2)The Likeness by Tana French

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Second book in the series. I liked it better than book 1.

We get to see the world through Detective Cassie Maddox's eyes, set a few months past the events in In the Woods. Cassie has moved on and is now a part of the domestic violence division--new partner, new cases--when she is pulled back into a complicated undercover assignment with her former boss.

The plot unfolds slowly but the pieces fall into place. Every time I though I knew the answer another clue led me in a different direction. I can't imagine how it is to drop into a new identity, a new life, and not slip up in some way. Anyone who is trying to impersonate me will have their hands full with my idiosyncrasies and weird food rules--something like that will trip you up. It's an interesting mystery and you get a better idea of Cassie's character and a little of her past as well. I'll definitely read the next book.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment