Saturday, June 6, 2015

The Murder of Roger Ackroyd (Hercule Poirot #4)

The Murder of Roger Ackroyd (Hercule Poirot, #4)The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Oh, Agatha, you sly minx. Once again, Poirot solves the case before I have even narrowed down the suspects.

Really well done in a classic Christie style. Poirot is now retired and growing "the vegetable marrows" without success. He gets pulled into the case--not exactly reluctantly, as it is Poirot--but realizing the quiet village life is not for him. The case takes twists and turns, and you may find yourself switching your prime suspect by the minute. When you hear the clues you missed along they way, you will just shake your head and say, "Agatha, you sly minx. You've done it again." A unique mystery and one of my favorites. I would rank this one up with "And Then There Were None". 4 stars.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment