Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Review: A Duty to the Dead (Bess Crawford #1)

A Duty To The Dead (Bess Crawford, #1)A Duty To The Dead by Charles Todd

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


New series for me, and it's off to a great start. Really liked it.

Bess Crawford is a wartime nurse who makes a promise to a young dying soldier to deliver a message to his brother. When she does she finds herself wrapped up in a mystery from the past. The mystery is smartly plotted and even though I guessed at a few twists and turns, it was still really enjoyable.

I like Bess. She's a strong, confident character but not an insufferable Mary Sue. I like her father, and I like Simon. It has the bonus of being a historical mystery, which is my two favorites mixed together. And a series to boot! I am really looking forward to the next book in the series.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment