Sunday, November 1, 2015

Romancing the Duke (Castles Ever After #1)

Romancing the Duke (Castles Ever After, #1)Romancing the Duke by Tessa Dare

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I am shocked by how much I enjoyed this book. It was right up my alley, though. Historical with a strong female lead. Nothing turns me off faster than a sniveling, insecure woman who can't function without a man.

This was a good one. Semi-fairy tale world with some realism thrown in. Issy is alone in the world after the death of her father, when she is bequeathed a castle from a family friend. The current occupant, Duke Ransom, had no idea his castle had been sold by his solicitors. Hilarity ensues as they both stubbornly refuse to budge. And it's a romance, so you just know they will fall in love by the end. But how they get there is good--really good, actually. Give this one a read.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment