Thursday, February 4, 2016

Review: Henry VIII’s Wives: History in an Hour

Henry VIII’s Wives: History in an Hour Henry VIII’s Wives: History in an Hour by Julie Wheeler
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

History in an Hour series: short reads to enhance your knowledge about a subject in under an hour. More like 20 minutes for this one.

Tough gig, being the wife of Henry VIII. As the rhyme goes: Divorced, Beheaded, Died. Divorced, Beheaded, Survived. No thanks, Henry. I've seen the Holbein paintings. You were not much of a catch. Too much pressure to produce a male heir. Too much infidelity and Royal Court nonsense. I wouldn't have done well in that time. Too much sass in me.

Straightforward information about each of the six wives. A good primer to get you started.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment