Sunday, February 7, 2016

Review: Two Winters in a Tipi: My Search for the Soul of the Forest

Two Winters in a Tipi: My Search for the Soul of the Forest Two Winters in a Tipi: My Search for the Soul of the Forest by Mark Warren
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I love soul-searching, back to nature stories. While this didn't necessarily scratch that itch for me, it was a decent read.

Imagine losing everything, and I mean nearly everything, in a house fire. That novel you were working on? Gone. Your clothes? Gone. Your beloved books, trinkets, and keepsakes? Gone. Mark Warren lost everything, and rather than go into debt trying to replicate his old life, he rebuilt it from the ground up. An outdoorsman and educator by trade, he built a tipi and lived in it while he connected with the land and reconnected with himself and what was most important.

A bit preachy and new-agey in places, it was still a satisfying read. 3 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment