Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Review: Poison Study

Poison Study Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

So much happens in this book, I hardly know where to begin!

We have Yelena, a strong, smart heroine with flaws. My favorite. We have Valek, who is strong, mysterious, and a bit brooding. Protective, yet still treats her as an equal. Totally my jam. We have solid world building. Ixia becomes a real place in your mind. You get enough information to understand where we are going, unlike other first books in a series. And you get interesting side characters, although at times not enough of them.

Condemned to death for murder, Yelena is given a reprieve as the Commander's food taster. Facing death every day in her new role, she is able to learn the job quickly (a good trait in a food taster!) and proves to be a valuable addition to the team surrounding the Commander, who has an interesting backstory himself. It's details like these that make this book a good read. Enjoy your trip to Ixia, but be sure you have someone taste your food while you are there. I'll see you when you get back.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment