Friday, June 24, 2016

Review: Why Didn't They Ask Evans?

Why Didn't They Ask Evans? Why Didn't They Ask Evans? by Agatha Christie
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Not my favorite Christie, but still an interesting story. I thought I had puzzled it out a couple of times, but she gave the classic twists and turns you expect so I was partially correct, but way off base on the other parts.

Bobby Jones stumbles upon a gravely injured man who utters a cryptic question as his last words: "Why didn't they ask Evans?" And we are off to the races. Bobby and his childhood friend, Lady Francis, investigate and cook up the most ridiculous plans, putting themselves in danger literally the entire book. But it's all good in the end, and I quite enjoyed the wrap-up.

Not her best, but even a mediocre Christie is better than most others. Enjoy!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment