Friday, January 2, 2015

Fugitives from Northwoods

Fugitives from NorthwoodsFugitives from Northwoods by Chris Bostic

My rating: 1 of 5 stars


My mom always told me that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Unfortunately, I have to review this book, so I will attempt to be nice.

At first glance, it seemed like I would like this book. Dystopian, outdoor survival setting, underdogs fighting the power mixed with a little bit of romance. That's usually my jam. Unfortunately, the purple prose, stilted dialogue, and complete Mary Sue of a main character left me cold. (What do you call a guy Mary Sue? Mary Stu?) The story seemed like a bit of fantasy fulfillment by the author. Penn, the hero of our story, is the smartest and strongest of the group, the de facto leader who seems to have 2 of the 3 girls falling for him. He knows the area and has an answer for everything. And I. Can't. Stand. Him.

I was fully prepared to give this book 2 stars until the ridiculous, patriotic ending. Give me a break, Penn.

The end. Do not read this book.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment