Monday, January 26, 2015

Messenger (The Giver Quartet #3)

MessengerMessenger by Lois Lowry

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


The third installment in The Giver Quartet answers some questions and leaves you with others.

This one follows Matty and Seer and their lives in Village. Matty is one of the few who can travel safely through the forest, and delivers messages to the other villages. But things are changing in the Village and Matty, Leader, and Seer have to work together to uncover what is happening before it's too late.

My biggest objection with this installment is the abrupt ending with no true explanations. The trade market line is completely dropped, and we don't know the true reason behind the changes in the Village. I can only hope that my questions remaining from The Giver, Gathering Blue, and Messenger are answered in Son, otherwise I will be very disappointed.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment