Thursday, January 29, 2015

Looking for Alaska

Looking for AlaskaLooking for Alaska by John Green

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I'm not going to lie, I didn't fall in love with this book. But it saved itself by the end.

What I did like: Chip, for the most part. His character stayed true throughout. The religion class, and the religion teacher. The ending, and the ending final paper. The character growth.

What I didn't like: Alaska. Trying too hard, she never rang true to me. I almost broke something with the ferocity of my eye-rolling. Miles at the beginning, although he grew on my by the end. The potential to really explore the issues presented, but the book skated where it could have gone deeper. But hey, it was his first book, so I gave it the extra star.

And based on this book, my kids will never attend boarding school. Seriously.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment