Sunday, May 24, 2015

Cursor's Fury (Codex Alera #3)

Cursor's Fury (Codex Alera, #3)Cursor's Fury by Jim Butcher

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I adore everything about this series. Jim Butcher, I love you. Not in a weird, trap you in my basement way, but in a "thank you for building this world and these characters and sharing them with us" way.

Tavi has graduated from the Academy and is now serving Gaius Sextus and Alera as a cursor for the realm. He is sent undercover as Captain Rufus Scipio to work with the First Aleran Legion and quickly finds himself fighting to preserve the Realm and their way of life. Classic Tavi, always smack in the middle of conflict.

Almost all of your favorites are back, and there are some major character developments by the end. Some of the battle scenes wind on for too long, keeping me from rating this 5 stars, but it is still the Alera you know and love. The battle scenes are crucial for moving the plot to the next book so hunker down and get through them because the payoff at the end is perfect. Once you finish, you will immediately want to start on the next book...the sign of a great series.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment