Monday, May 4, 2015

The Coldest Girl in Coldtown

The Coldest Girl in ColdtownThe Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Vampires. Teenagers making impulsively bad decisions. Welcome to Coldtown.

I liked this book. I'm surprised at how much I liked it, actually. I've read a string of YA paranormal this spring and this one is one of my favorites so far. Tana was a decent heroine--independent, yet vulnerable. She did stupid things and made bad decisions, but she was aware when she did. She's drawn to Gavriel even though she knows it is a bad decision. She tries to help Aidan even though he doesn't deserve it. And she is brave even when she doesn't want to be.

As for the ending, I thought it fit the book perfectly and I am oddly glad it is a stand-alone novel.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment