Wednesday, May 6, 2015

The Saint and the Sinner

The Saint and the SinnerThe Saint and the Sinner by Barbara Cartland

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


Typical Barbara Cartland, with overly drawn dramatic characters and ultra-tame romance. I loved reading these when I was 12 or 13. Many hours were spent pouring over my mom's copies, but I don't remember reading this one.

Poor Pandora is a complete Mary Sue. A wide-eyed orphan with so much family loyalty it is pouring out her young, innocent ears. Enter the dashing bad-boy cousin, the Earl. He has a chip on his shoulder about his family inheritance as deep as the ocean. Poor little rich boy! Pandora drops into his lap and shows him the error of his ways, and they live happily ever after.

Barbara almost made me snap with the weird phrasing and dialogue for Pandora. She - kept talking - like this. Was she - slow - in the - head? Did she - have a terrible - stutter? Unsure what the deal was, but I nearly threw the book down in frustrating a few times. At least it was a quick read.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment