Friday, August 28, 2015

Emma: Part One (Outpost Nine #1)

Emma: Part One (Outpost Nine Book 1)Emma: Part One by Lolita Lopez

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


Hmmm. I saw this was on someone else's list and it was highly rated. Romance plus zombies? Sounds good to me.

This book (really the first segment in a serial) is ok. Some sex, (2 boys--simply shocking *eye roll) but even with that added flavor it's very tame. I like Emma, mostly. I mean, I want to like her. She has been living all alone in her stockade surviving the zombies. Plus there are cyborgs, and I have never ventured down the cyborg / human romance path. But something was missing, and it kept it from getting to the "3 star good book" rating for me. I think it was because of the serialized format. We don't get enough insight into Emma, her life, really any of it.

Small taste of what could be good with lots of interesting pieces to it. Overall, underwhelmed. 2 stars, but since I am a masochist I will read the second installment.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment