Tuesday, September 8, 2015

The Martian

The MartianThe Martian by Andy Weir

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Astronauts. Space. Survival. This book hits all of the right notes for me. There was very little chance I wasn't going to enjoy it.

I liked it. I liked it a lot. Mark Watney was a fun character. He's smart, he's courageous, and he's funny. I have a little bit of a book crush on him right now. Smart-asses who are intelligent, resourceful, and brave make my heart go pitter-pat. If you have ever met my husband, he's a lot like Mark Watney. Sigh.

However...I wish I had read this sooner. I kept picturing Matt Damon as I read, and this might have slightly influenced my crush. Now I'll never know if I love Mark Watney for who he is or for who is portraying him. Either way, it was fun ride.

Good book--really good. It's a fairly quick read and I'm really looking forward to the movie now. Don't let me down, Matt Damon! (Who am I kidding? He never does. Matt, don't be mad. I love you!)



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment