Sunday, October 4, 2015

Killer Cupcakes (A Lexy Baker Bakery Mystery #1)

Killer Cupcakes (A Lexy Baker Bakery Mystery, #1)Killer Cupcakes by Leighann Dobbs

My rating: 1 of 5 stars


Sorry, Killer Cupcakes, but I much prefer to eat baked goods and not read about them.

Lexy owns a bakery and has made a name for herself by selling cupcake tops. Unfortunately someone poisoned a box of her cupcake tops and gave them to her ex. Now she turns amateur sleuth to solve the crime. With her best friend / employee and her grandma. Sounds ridiculous? It is. And that's about all the plot development that happens in this short read.

It hits all the wrong notes for me. Awkward dialogue. Purple, flowery descriptions of everything. Chill with the adjectives! An obsession with expensive shoes. Why do so many books insist on telling me what someone is wearing? I. Don't. Care. Just make with the mystery, lady! And insta-love. Now, I have been fortunate to be out of the dating game for nearly two decades, so maybe I can't relate. But the "romance" was cringe-worthy. So dumb. I'll stick with my beloved Agatha Christie--I'm more of a historical gal than contemporary anyway.

Buy a cupcake and skip this book. You will thank me later.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment