Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Review: An Ember in the Ashes

An Ember in the Ashes An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I am so torn on what to rate this book! I landed on 3 stars but it was really 3.5 I think I might have hyped it too much in my mind. This might be the kind of book that needs a second read through for me to fall in love.

I liked Laia, but she was a bit of a wilting flower, always comparing herself to her mother. Who, quite honestly, sounds terrible to me. I loved Elias, and I was a pretty big fan of Heline's as well. Laia did redeem herself by the end, and I will definitely read book 2, but I was let down with how predictable it was. Really, I'm making it seem like I didn't like it, but I did. I definitely did. I just wanted more somehow. Hoping I fall completely in love with book 2.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment