Sunday, February 3, 2019

Review: Mail Order Cowboy

Mail Order Cowboy Mail Order Cowboy by Laurie Kingery
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Interesting take on the mail-order bride genre. This time we have a mail-order groom. From England. Who is an absolute saint with a checkered past. It actually made for a somewhat entertaining story. Not quite 3 stars...but really close.

Honestly, what kept it from being a 3 star read was a combination of really poor editing (one character's name switched from Walters to Waters to Walters so many times I can't figure out which one was correct), the too good to be true townsfolk, and heavy-handed "friend from the past" being a cartoon villain. The last little bombshell wasn't necessary, unless it fuels the plot in future books.

It really was better than the 2 stars indicate. Let's call it 2.75 stars and call it a day. I will read book 2, because I just can't help myself.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment