Saturday, January 15, 2022

Review: In the Darkness

In the Darkness In the Darkness by Karin Fossum
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

A new nordic mystery series for me. I liked it even though I think a few things might have been lost in translation. I will spend more time with Inspector Sejer.

A woman and her daughter find a body floating in the river. Instead of calling the police, she calls her father to chat. Because that's not suspicious at all. Ok, Eva. The setting is dark, like all of the nordic noir I've read. Cold, bleak, and stark. Eva is a hot mess, and she makes suspect decisions throughout the entire book. The plot unwinds in a series of time jumps and while I enjoyed the book, I wanted more time to explore Inspector Sejer. I'm hoping he is more of the focus in the next books.

I did not expect several of the twists and it kept me guessing until the end - things I love in my mysteries. A good start to a new author and series for me. Three solid stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment