Thursday, December 29, 2016

Review: A Conspiracy of Kings

A Conspiracy of Kings A Conspiracy of Kings by Megan Whalen Turner
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

We return to Attolia, but this time with less Gen, less Irene, and more Sophos. And Helen, who seems to be more understandable and likable in this one.

Sophos, who you might remember from The Thief, has grown up. We get glimpses of who he is becoming as he loses everything, hits rock bottom, and rises up, like a king should. And along the way we get a few glimpses of Gen and Irene, who I dearly love, and the continuing evolution of Sophos and Helen, who we were teased about from the end of book 1.

Turner's writing style takes me a while to settle into for some reason. I enjoy her stories and her characters, but they are a bit of slow burn for me. Once I get back into the groove, however, I speed right along and enjoy the journey.

Still love book 3 best, but this was a solid three star read. Can't wait until book 5 next year!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment