Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Review: First Lord's Fury

First Lord's Fury First Lord's Fury by Jim Butcher
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

And we come to the end of our epic journey with Tavi and the rest of Alera. It was a wild ride, and I'm sad once again that it is over. Don't worry, Tavi, I'll be back again in a few months to take the trip with you all over again.

If you are reading this review and you haven't read the other books in the series, stop here. Seriously. Go pick up a copy of Furies of Calderon and grow up with Tavi. If, however, you are done with the series, you can keep reading my thoughts. This book is long and full of details. You are going to learn more about the Canim, not enough about the Icemen, and way too much about the Vord Queen, who I find tedious. I mean, I get that she is the ultimate big bad, but I find her annoying.You get the ending you want for most of the characters, and are left wanting more for others. Just like life, I suppose.

Romance, action, survival, politics, and war. Jim Butcher, can we be best friends? My favorite series of all time. 4 stars for this book and the series overall.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment