Saturday, December 3, 2016

Review: The Duke and I

The Duke and I The Duke and I by Julia Quinn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Why yes, I will have a little cheese with my romance. Thank you. Give me a double-helping. I'm a marshmallow. Crusty on the outside, and gooey and warm inside.

Julia Quinn writes great historical romances. I accidentally started with book 2 in the series, and have worked my way back to book 1. I will definitely continue my journey with the Bridgertons. They are fun. You know there will be troubles. Misunderstandings, tears. Family meddling where they shouldn't be. But lots of love, and always my HEA. I gotta have that. This one is the eldest daughter, Daphne. Pretty, but in a regular person way. Smart. Outspoken. A little flawed. My favorite kind of heroine! Simon is a little bossy, smart, funny, and flawed as well. My favorite kind of hero. Add up all the historical romance tropes and you have this book, but in the best possible way.

If I wrote historical romances, I would hope they would turn out like this. 4 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment